Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hmmm, looks like someone is getting serious about some chores that need doing...
Yes, I see that we are, indeed, outside looking at some much needed painting...

Of these CHAIRS! Yes, I gave my lawn chairs a coat of mildew prevention primer paint. I had washed them using Murphey's Oil Soap and a scrub brush and it didn't help at all. So, I took drastic measures and PAINTED them!
I think they look pretty good...or I could have just bought four new chairs next summer...nah, this means four less chairs in the landfill!


Thanks to A Southern Day Dreamer for Outdoor Wednesdays and to see more OW blogs, go

10 comments:

Kammy said...

I love to recycle too - plus it saves a bunch of $$$$$
Kammy

SmilingSally said...

Are those chairs plastic? I would have never thought of painting them. Good job, Jean!

sister sheri said...

Great idea! Thanks for the tip!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I have a plastic patio table and plastic on the chairs. Try Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Wow, those are great. I go around looking for something to clean. However, you did a great job with the primer. I hope that keeps it from getting yucky next summer.

Mary Bergfeld said...

You did a great job. They look brand new. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

kab said...

Wow....impressive! You are quite handy with the paint brush! They look great!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Whoa!!! Good for you! They look great. Why buy four more?

Joyce said...

Did you spray them or use a brush? Ugh. I need to re-do my metal chairs and bistro table set on the patio...but that will have to wait until next year. I'm too tired now! HA!

Aw yes....the wedding is now over and are we glad about that. It's amazing how you gear up for such an event and then it comes and goes as fast as it came..

Can't wait to see the Honeymooner's though. Haven't heard a WORD from them since last Sunday AM when Mrs. Priss sent me a text saying she had "left my blowdryer in the mailbox"....HA! They are on a cruise so they can't call or text without it being a million dollars.....
Hopefully she will text or call me the MINUTE she hits shore in Galvaston. I miss her. :~(

Thanks for all your encourgement through this process....it's been a huge blessing!
See ya...
Joyce

Cathy said...

A great post, thank you. Your chairs look pretty.

Denise said...

Such a wonderful post dear.