Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend for Three!

What a wonderful weekend!  Daughter Karen and I spent some time celebrating Mother's Day as the guest of daughter Jillian of Bella Rosa Antiques.

These are some shots of the Atlantic Ocean as a tropical storm off the coast of North Carolina whipped the waves up a touch!

The old fishing pier looks strong enough to handle it though!  It has been there for many years, through many storms.
This is where we stayed - right on the boardwalk.  There is a pool to the right of it where there are deck chairs to sit in and watch the people passing by or the waves rolling in - your choice.

We also shopped, laughed, and did some antiquing where Karen scored some pink depression (go along) glasses to add to her real depression dishware.  Jillian found a small glass tabletop display case for some jewelry perhaps?  All in all, we had a fun time together and it had been too long since we were all able to just "get away" and they also wanted to celebrate my getting through the tough time in February and March/April. Thank you so much!

Also, I want you all to know how well I am doing since breast cancer entered my life.  The radiation went very smoothly and the doctor is amazed at how well my skin recovered from the 30 radiation treatments. I visited my surgeon in Philadelphia on the 10th of May and he was very pleased also with how well I am healing from the lumpectomy in February.  Soon I will be starting on the medication I will be taking for five years.
 I thank you all for your prayers and would ask you to continue to pray for my continued good results as I persevere on this journey.

4 comments:

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Jean, so nice to have an update. What a lovely trip you describe with your daughters. I would love to do that with my one and only sometime.

Glad for the good report on your health. Keeping you in my prayers.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Seeing your pictures make me want to go back! There is nothing like the sound of the sea to relax one's soul...glad you were able to be "at the beach" with me!

Also glad you are healthy and well! Something to celebrate, for sure.

Debbie said...

I may be late to this celebration, but I'm here with bells on! I was so happy to read the news about your treatment. TAKE THAT, Cancer!! I continue to be grateful that you sought second counsel.

I know the trip was better medicine than any you've had so far.

Praying that you continue to not just survive but thrive!

And it's good to see a post from you, Jean.

Pat said...

This is the first time I've visited your blog in many moons, Jean, and I was sad to hear that you have breast cancer. Fortunately, nowadays many breast cancers are curable, so that is positive news. It was great that you were able to take that trip with your daughters.