
"Where God Speaks To Hearts and Transforms Lives"
Even a few days away can give you a feeling of renewal and refreshment. Four of my friends and I attended this Christian retreat (our eighth year) in the Pines of Central New Jersey last week and we came away very well refreshed and renewed. It is hard to explain the atmosphere of getting away from the outside world and giving yourself over to
quiet and calm and hearing God's word at services mornings and evenings. Not that it is a monastery or anything...of course there are many activities during our free time. For me, I prefer the crafts room where I completed a quilted pillow and have developed quite an interest in quilting. (I will now be looking for some quilting blogs!) I also am a member of the bell choir (we call ourselves "The Ding-A-Lings!)
The music is wonderful with resident artists Robert, Joyce and Jordan Hayes singing playing and bringing God's word to us in their music ministry at every service.
"Seniors Week" is at the end of August and, for us, it is a fitting end to the summer.
3 comments:
How lovely that sounds. Glad you had a good refreshing time.
I play hand bells :)
It sounds like it was a time for renewal of the spirit. How wonderful is that!
Melissa
Sounds similar to a place I used to go with my family in the summertime! Can't wait til you can show us your quilting endeavors!
Jillian
Post a Comment