Fireproof Samuel
Goldwyn Films

I saw Fireproof earlier this week and was impressed all over again with Alex Kendrick and his brother Stephen who also brought the film, Facing the Giants to life with little money and lots of help from their Georgia church congregation. Fireproof is a very good movie about how faith in God can "fireproof" your marriage and I recommend it highly.
Kirk Cameron stars as firefighter Capt. Caleb Holt, a man who is aware that something is wrong with his marriage when he and wife, Catherine (played by Erin Bethea), bicker and argue every time he comes home. He realizes this but has not a clue that he might be part of the problem. He blames her for not respecting him unaware how unhappy she is with him and their marriage. She, on the other hand, feels that Caleb does not respect her when he does not tell her when he will be home and then is angry when she doesn't have a meal ready for him. He does not know she is ready to leave the marriage and is looking elsewhere for the attention she craves. She tells him she wants out and things are looking quite bleak when Caleb confides in his Christian father who gives him a hand-written diary called "The Love Dare." Caleb accepts the challenge and what follows is a heartwarming journey to healing.
Rated PG - run time 122 minutes.
6 comments:
Can't wait to see it..thanks for the review!
Looks like we are having T'giving!
Let me know if you'd like to join us!
Love,
Jillian
We are planning to see the movie. Thanks for your review. It makes us even more eager to see it. Thanks for dropping by and reading my post for Spiritual Sundays. I want to encourage you to write something each week. It will encourage many people. When I was still a full time Pastor we did the Angel Tree project every year. It is a good thing to be involved with.
I saw Kirk Cameron on the Bill O'Reilly Factor last night.
Sounds like a great movie.
I bet you must miss your antique booth. I would love to get involved in that business. Looks like so much fun.
Melissa
Sounds like a good choice for Saturday evening. Oh, and I left a tag for you on my blog. Hope it's not a repeat!?
I'm so glad this movie is doing so well at the box office. Looks like Hollywood would get the message and start making a few movies that appeal to Christians instead of all those that offend. I guess their ideology outweighs their desire to make money.
Charlotte
I've heard LOTS of good things about this movie. I don't think it's playing in our area any longer so I will have to wait on the DVD I guess.
We rarely get out to the movies and there is usually not anything good playing that we want to see.....so that's another reason we don't go really often. Plus the costs are unreal anymore.
I went with my niece who was visiting from Iowa this summer and spent like $30.00 when it was all said and done....yikes.
Anyhow.....thanks for the imput and we will try to see it when we can find it again.
Oh ...The Hallmark Channel is starting their holiday movies right now too if you like them.
I love watching them at Christmas. :~)
See ya!
Have a BLESSED Thanksgiving!
Joyce
Post a Comment