Wednesday, May 19, 2010

OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

Here we are in the garden looking at my little garden chair and handmade wooden basket made to look like a birdhouse! When I was growing up we called these Irises "flags."

In this picture, you can see a little further down the fence line at some plantings (Hydrangea) that I hope will bloom this year! In the foreground you can see my fun sign that says "weeds!" (I move it around the garden as needed! lol!)
Below is another view along the fence...

.
A pretty shot of the purple Iris and in the background is a maroon and white Iris just starting to bloom.


This is a beautiful maroon and white Iris. I was lucky to get the picture before the heavy rains we had yesterday knocked it down! Another is budding in the background.
...and here are flags of another kind in my neighbor's yard~GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Thank you for stopping by on Outdoor Wednesday. If you would like to see more Outdoor Wednesday pictures go on over to Susan atA Southern Day Dreamer HERE.














8 comments:

Regina said...

Hello Jan. Beautiful captures and outdoor post!

LV said...

We called them flags as well. Now they have a more modern name. Regardless, they are very pretty.

Valerie said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Your garden is just lovely...I really got a quick out of the "weeds" sign!

joanna said...

Lovely flowers and garden. The rains here in the Pacific North West are ruining our flowers - however, my weeds are doing nicely than you.
Happy Out door Wednesday.

Joanny

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

The yard looks so nice this time of year. I like how you move yoru weeds sign around! Better when it is mobile! LOL

Amen to that...GOD BLESS AMERICA.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely yard and photos, The iris is one of my favorite flowers.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Beautiful!

RCUBEs said...

Nice shots sister! I love irises because their blooms seem to last longer. God bless you.