Tuesday, June 15, 2010

AMERICA'S KESWICK IN JUNE - OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

Summer at America's Keswick and the grounds are lovely. Here is Dani, who is a summer resident of the campground located at Keswick in Whiting, New Jersey. She offered us a tour in her golf cart. This is the bridge where our tour begins. It winds around one of the three lakes on the property.
We went past the Thrift Shop which opens only one day per week. Luckily, that one day was the second day we were there. It is a lot of fun to rummage around in the shop and see what "bargains" we can find. I did find two framed pictures of Colonial Williamsburg for $1.50 each!


This is a picture of the dining porch where we take our meals. . .it over looks a lake.


. . .and here is the lake!




This is just one of the gardens that have been planted almost everywhere you look. The flowers are donated every year by a man named Dave who has just been diagnosed with Lymphoma (please keep him in your prayers).



This wooden swing is a great place to read, talk or just sit and relax.

I just love the time that I spend at Keswick. It is one of the highlights of my year - I attended the Senior conference this year with Peggy, Marion and Marge. Three of our pals could not make it this year and we really missed them. Well, there is always next year and we have already signed on!
I will have more pictures to share with you soon.
If you want to see more Outdoor Wednesday scenes please stop by Susan at A Southern Day Dreamer.








6 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That looks like such a lovely day, and getting to go to the shop just made it! I always like to see pics of the Garden State. NJ is so pretty.

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That looks fun!
And what lovely pics too!
Sounds like the shopping was pretty good too.
Hugs,
Cindy

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a great day to be outside, the scenery and photos are wonderful!

LV said...

Thank you for taking us along on this tour. I enjoyed it very much.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Great pictures! Looks like a lovely place. Sounds like you had fun shopping!

Thank you for taking us on a tour of Keswick!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You had me at read, talk, or just relax! It looks so inviting there.
Glad you get to go every year with your gal pals.

Jillian