Well, that sent alarm bells off in my head and I asked if it would matter if I kept my vacation plans to go to Pennsylvania for the Thanksgiving holiday. The doctor said there was no hurry and to enjoy my vacation. Little did I know at the time that he had me scheduled for surgery on December 6th. When I came home and found out about the surgery, I quickly called and said I was seeking treatment elsewhere.
God has been with me throughout this whole ordeal and I thank HIM for holding my hand the whole way AND for guiding me to the best surgeon and hospital for me. I've had my "lumpectomy" and was told the really good news that the tumor was very small and that the pathology report showed that all the "edges" were clean. The doctor had gotten it all! That was on February 1, 2012.
I want to thank all of my blogger friends for all the prayers - they are so important - and for stopping by to check in on me even though I had not updated my blog since Christmas. I cannot thank you all enough for being there for me and I thank God every day for everything He has done for me.

9 comments:
OMG, Jean!! I'm so glad you decided to go with a second opinion! What a difference in approach to dealing with the cancer! You are one smart cookie!!
I am so happy about the wonderful outcome of your treatment!! I hope you still have the PINK sparkly hat you won on my blog some time ago...you need to wear that with PRIDE!!
Love to you!!!!! dana
Wonderful to see you're doing well, Jean. And I'm all about second and third opinions.
Thanks for the update. Keeping you in my prayers.
Praising God with you and for you. He CLEARLY gave you wisdom as well as the gift of healing hands on you. I haven't forsaken you since hearing. I have been praying. I will continue to pray.
Really and truly, I have missed your posts and hope that very soon, I'll be able to peek down the Garden Road again. I'm glad I was able to check in and see that you had posted this morning. I'm having computer problems. Sigh.....
And you're back...a wonderful post sharing your story and glorifying God! He is always with us. Love you!
Bless you, Jean! Jill kept us updated and I'm so glad to hear your good report. The Lord is faithful. May you continue to know His abundant blessings - and I hope there will be more stories from Garden Road to come. Welcome back to Blogland!
Joy!
Kathy
Jean, so glad that you have known God's presence through all of this... and will continue to pray for you.
So happy for you! This was the best news I had received in a LONG time. :0)
Love you!!!!!
I popped by from Jillian's blog! I'm so relieved that you are better! Take care of yourself!!
Good news! So glad you're doing so well! God answers prayers!
May you have a healthy, joyous spring!
Blessings! Linda
Post a Comment