Saturday, March 17, 2012

And God Said....


I said, "God, I hurt" And God said, "I know."
I said "God, I cry a lot." And God said, "That is why I gave you tears."
I said, "God, I am so depressed." And God said, "That is why I gave you sunshine."
I said, "God, life is so hard." And God said "That is why I gave you loved ones."
I said, "God my loved one died." And God said, "So did mine."
I said, "God, it is such a loss" And God said, "I saw mine nailed to a cross."
I said, "God, but your loved one lives." And God said, "So does yours."
I said, "God, where are they right now?" And God said, "Mine is on my right and yours is in the light."
I said, "God it hurts." And God said, "I know."

This really touched me as I am going through this rough patch in my life and I wanted to share it with you.

3 comments:

sister sheri said...

Beautiful and comforting words!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Thanks for sharing this, Jean. It really spoke to my heart.

Debbie said...

Really pretty and inspiring words, Jean.

He does know exactly how we feel in every way and more.