
Our local airline advertised a special and a friend sent me the email alert. The promotion was get $35.00 off a round trip fare if booked within 35 hours. Well, I jumped on that as quick as I could as my sister and I were planning a trip to Florida to see our parents soon anyway! The booking online was pretty easy. I was a little aggravated when I got to the part about paying $15.00 for one bag each way but I was really burning when I was told that in order to get the "seat of my choice" I had to pay upfront or risk a "randomly chosen seat" they would pick for me when I arrived at the airport! Not only that, but I soon saw that the prices for the "chosen" seats had gone up, from Heavens only knows when, until now! I could choose my preferred seat from the bulkhead back (I usually like to be in rows 7 or 8 if I can get them and a window if possible) with the window seat and aisle seats being $12.00 up from $10.00 and middle seats from $5.00 to now, $7.00. The last time I flew this airline was June of 2008 and the seats were still free at that time. This really frosted me and I guess because I was so aggravated, I thought I had "purchased" seats 8A for the trip down and 8F for the trip back but when I printed out the paperwork - - the seats were not purchased! I realize now that I probably didn't hit confirm purchase at the end and just ended the session...and oh, yes, my computer froze at one point and that may have been when it happened! Does this get you steamed as much as it does me? I was offered a "special" and then saw it melt away with each addition to my ticket. AAAARRRHHHGGG!!
11 comments:
I also get a bit miffed by the "baits" those folks toss out to us and end up nailing us before it's all over. I won't even attempt to buy a ticket on-line, as I'm certain I would end up purchasing every seat on the plane because I clicked on the wrong spot!!
So, are you going to Florida? :) Dana
I also get a bit miffed by the "baits" those folks toss out to us and end up nailing us before it's all over. I won't even attempt to buy a ticket on-line, as I'm certain I would end up purchasing every seat on the plane because I clicked on the wrong spot!!
So, are you going to Florida? :) Dana
So sorry Ms.Daisy Mama! The airlines are indeed frustrating these days! Yet...it still beats driving! You may still be able to get your seat assignment by relogging back in or call the airlines.
Love ya, Mrs. T
Dana -
Yes, I am going to Florida! My co-worker friend said, "Let them choose a seat for you, it's free!" Except with my luck it would be in the middle seat in the back of the plane with crying babies, bored kids and frustrated parents! :-)
Mrs. T - Thanks! I think I will try once more to get a seat of my choice - after that, I'll let the chips fall where they may! LOL!
Love,
Mom
Ohhhhhhhhh Ms. Daisy! That's awful. In my memoirs I will now use the terms "Frosted", "Steamed", "Aggravated", "Really Burning" and my special favorite "AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!" when discussing my childhood shenanigans. LOL! That was great! Seriously though, I still think you got a good deal! But, computers can be soooooo annoying. :)
Ms. Jillian
I am my friends designated "travel agent" because she doesn't have a computer. So whenever she wants to fly up to Washington to see her daughter she comes over with credit card in hand and I book her flight. I usually search the net for the best value and hope by the time she gets here it's still available :)
This past August I booked a round trip flight from LAX to Orlando so my daughter and I can go to Walt Disney World in April. I just checked prices the other day and found it would have cost several hundred dollars more if I had waited.
But I do agree this whole "deal" sounded like a real come on.
Irene,
I think it was a come on also - a friend told me today that I should have searched the net for other lower prices for the same airline! You can be sure that next time I will do just that! Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy Walt Disney World in the Spring!
I just wrote a little about Florida on my blog and I also am sending you a Meme.
Good luck with the airlines.
Melissa
They always say if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn't. I hate false advertising or misleading advertising.
Charlotte
I'm in total arghreement!
Post a Comment