Tuesday, August 31, 2010

OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY - WAITING FOR EARL

With a category 4 hurricane out in the Atlantic Ocean and no one really knowing which way it is headed except for a "well, here is the worse case scenario and, then again, the best case scenario" from all of the weather "guessers," I took a ride to the bay to see what was happening there. It appears quite calm and the boats and jet skiers were out having a good time -it was very hot today - 99 degrees.
A little closer to the shore, the water rippled gently against the sand and rocks. Nothing here to show that 135 mile per hour winds were lurking in one of the first of the season hurricanes churning up the coast.


We will have to wait until the end of the week and possibly by Thursday we will know if it is going to graze our shoreline or move on up to Nova Scotia and Canada.

To see more Outdoor Wednesday posts, please hop on over to Susan at A Southern Day Dreamer.

7 comments:

LV said...

May you be blessed and not get anything from "Earl". I trust it will die of and move out to sea.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Being one who lives close to the Gulf Coast, I feel your frustration, the not knowing, the wondering if. Fingers crossed that it passes on by.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Visiting from Outdoor Wednesday. Sending up prayers that you will be safe from Earl.Here in Myrtle Beach we are suppose to be O.K. but sometimes it seems these horrible storms have a mind of their own.
Your latest follower, Annette

Becky K. said...

These large hurricanes hold us helpless to some degree, don't they?

They go wherever they want to go. Hope Earl stays out to sea.

Blessings!

Becky K.

RCUBEs said...

Stay safe sister and thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers. Continuing to regain my physical healing for now. God bless you and praying for His protection to cover you and your family.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I'm in Connecticut so we are all praying it heads out to sea... Good luck to us all, I certainly don't want it bothering our friends up in Nova Scotia and Canada either...OH MY!!!
I'm your newest follower, I WOULD LOVE for you to follow me too, I LOVE company!
Hugs, Donna

Linda said...

I hope Earl bypasses everyone...I have never experienced a hurracaine...we don't have them here.