I am joining Dayle at
A Collection of This and That for her fun meme, Simple Pleasures. I've chosen to spotlight my collection of Mickey Mouse/Disney figurines and other "stuff."

Some of these figurines
were picked up the first time I ever went to Disney World back in the 70's and we were living in

Florida. Then, over the years, I found all kinds of Mickey and Minnie and other Disney things at garage sales, flea markets, auctions and some were given to me by people who found out I was a collector.

Here is a Little Golden Book entitled Walt Disney's "Disneyland - On the Air."

I love these two figures of an old fashioned Minnie (circa 1928) and a more modern Mickey

These "photos" are actually some very old Disney fabric that a lady at our church (who is an artist) put into frames and were auctioned off at our Spring Tea and Auction Sale to raise money for our young people to go to summer camp. (Guess who won!)

...and here is the man who started it all, Walt Disney. The postcard is titled, "It started with a mouse." Come join us for more Simple Pleasures over at Dayle's A Collection of This and That.
14 comments:
SO MUCH FUN!!! I remember watching "The Wonderful World of Color" when I was little and DREAMING of someday MAYBE I could see Disneyland...and How much fun it was when they opened in Florida...I have LOTS of fond memories stashed away from my 3sons growing up with our yearly visits to see Mickey!!! LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your post and all the smiles it just gave me!!!
Hugs to you,
Donna
What a great collection. There is just something about Disney (more the vintage Disney than anything) that just makes me feel happy. I guess it was the hours that I spent as a child either watching the Mousketeers or The Wonderful World of Disney or going to the many, many movies and then reliving them with my daughters.
Disney just feels like home to me. I really like that collection.
There sure is something special about that mouse!
What a great collection jean, and they say Walt Disney was a fine man. I enjoy going to Disney World.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue
Oh, this brings back such lovely childhood memories for me!
Thank you Jean :-)
blessings..Trish
what a great collection. total fun
What a great collection and how much fun, you just have to smile every time you pass them. Now who doesn't like Mickey Mouse? Great simple pleasure
What a fun collection and great simple pleasure!
Mickey's appeal is timeless isn't it? My grandson loves him. Great simple pleasure.
Glad you enjoyed the laugh at my blog today..and I am with you, I got stomach exercises from the laughter...too, too funny!
You've got an amazing collection! How fun!!
Hi Jean
Your collection is awesome.
It's fun to collect 'happy, smiley' things with character -- and Micky and Minnie are perfect.
God Bless
Barb from Australia
I grew up one hour away from Disneyland, and my mom took us 4 kids there every summer, starting in 1956, the year after it opened---I was 8. I can't recall if my dad ever went--he was always working. Once we discovered Disneyland, it became even more exciting than Christmas to me!
You have a great collection!
Fun collection Mau! I love the memories of us going to Disney most of all however. But that little Golden Book sure is neat. :0)
Love,
Ms. Jillian Dau
Post a Comment