Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SIMPLE PLEASURES

After a particularly hot summer it was nice to be at America's Keswick again. I'm using pictures from last year (June, 2010) as my camera is not working properly so I didn't have it with me this time. These pictures were taken early in the season last year. This year we were there the last week of August and Irene had just come through a few days before and left us running on generators to provide some electric. There was very little damage although a tree had fallen on a transformer on the property and it took two days for the electric company to restore electric. God provides however, and the days and nights were so cool and delightful we didn't need any A/C!

I caught a picture of this robin early in the day last year.



A lovely spot to sit and read or just relax. Love this swing down near the lake.

One of our favorite things to do is check out the thrift shop. I scored some really nice yarn at 50 cents a skein!

Our stay was much too short as usual and we are looking forward to next year's "Young at Heart" retreat for seniors. I'm connecting with Dayle at A Collection of This and That for Simple Pleasures. If you would like to join the party go Here

10 comments:

Sue said...

This looks like a beautiful place for a retreat Jean, God does always provide, hope the weather will cooperate better next year.
Hugs,
Sue

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

So sorry it was not what you had hoped for but glad you were okay in the storm.

Patti said...

What a beautiful, restful-looking place. Your photography is excellent. You really captured the beauty.

Thrift stores are always high on my list of places to visit. I love them.

Blessings,
Patti

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Jean, this is a lovely post, and what a restful place. I especially loved the swing. :)

Glad you're doing well following Irene's visit. Living along the Gulf Coast, I can relate. We are often without power for a week or more, following a hurricane's arrival. I remember Hurricane Ike in 2008, we were without power for 12 long days! Not fun.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It looks like a lovely place.

Debbie said...

I have the need for a retreat right now, and that place would be so wonderful. I have a thing about swings like that. Our neighbor had one when I was growing up, and they make me feel like a kid again.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Miss Daisy,
Looks like a lovely place to visit,
and getting away is always a pleasure
especially when it has been awhile.
Glad that Irene didn't spoil your visit there.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your sweet comments.

blessings, Nellie

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful place to spend time in. Gardens and lakes- a great combination for a relaxing time.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

looks like a really nice place to wander around and relax.

Kay K said...

What beautiful pictures, makes me want to go and sit in the chair by the water looks so peaceful and realxing . A great place to enjoy GOD's beauty !