Wednesday, November 10, 2010

SIMPLE PLEASURES

One of the things I enjoy doing is some home maintenance duties myself...and that includes things like painting the front door. Just seeing the change in color is a simple pleasure! In this picture, you can see the strip of mauve trim color that hasn't been painted yet - that was the color of my front door for the last 12 years...you can see why I'm excited to see the new deep burgundy color. It's the little things that make such a difference, don't you think?

If you would like to see more Simple Pleasures be sure to visit Dayle at A Collection of This and That.


12 comments:

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I agree, Jean. Such simple changes can make a drastic difference. Now you've made me want to paint something around here. :)

Karen said...

When I saw this the thought came to me, nobody else would have thought of this. I love to paint! Can't believe I said that - but when you get through and stand back it does give a sense of pleasure. (I had big plans to paint my front & back door before winter, don't think it's going to happen.)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

wow...you are amazing. I have a friend who is amazingly handy like you...When she comes over I let her do whatever she wants and her work always amazes me. You guys have a talent that I wish I had.

Jennie said...

I love the change in color! Especially because it's something I'm never brave enough to do. :) It looks lovely!

Christine said...

The color of your front door can change the look of your whole home.
Good job!
What's next?

Kay K said...

Thanks for sharing your simple pleasure and this just reminded me how I need to redo my front door

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I do love a door with a pop of color, especially red or maroon. I am hoping to get some painting done around here since we have a week off from school. Hope you are having a great day. :) Tammy

Evelyn S. said...

A red door....beautiful! We have a plum-colored one at the front of the house, but we hired a commercial painter to do it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful simple pleasure! I had a neighbor once who would change her door color a couple of times a year. Some colors were far out on her white frame house, (hot pink comes to mind), but somehow it always worked!
Your door looks great.

Trish said...

Oh I love painting around the house to bring a fresh look! It can make such a difference. Your door looks great! It would be a simple pleasure for me too :-) blessings..Trish

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

That is a simple change and it makes all the difference! Love it. Did you do this yourself? Good for you, Ms. Daisy Mau!

Love,
Jillian

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Don't forget...tomorrow is SECOND CHANCE TUESDAY! :0)

I will teach you how to use MR. LINKY.