Monday, May 11, 2009



When I saw these two adorable doggies bookends at a thrift sale recently, I just knew they had to come home with me! These particular bookends were made in Japan and the dogs have a slight Asiatic look to them. They depict two sweet dogs who were obviously much loved by their young owners. You can almost see the kids playing with them by the way they are bound up with yellow polka-dotted "bandages" - even around their tails! I think they are perfect for showing on Mellow Yellow Monday.

6 comments:

Carol said...

What a nice find! They ARE perfect for MYM....the cutest bookends I've ever seen...and they make a nice photo also.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Cute! You'll have to tell me what thrift store you found them in!

Susan Cook said...

Those are really cute bookends. Very detailed -with their yellow slings.

Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

Unknown said...

They would have been coming home with me as well !!! They are really sweet..

Lovely photo as well.. :-)

Susan said...

Hi Jean - Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am always delighted to meet new people.

I notice you listed Joel Rosenberg among your authors. We are just finishing up the 5th, of his 5 fiction books which we began reading in February. WOW!! Can't wait to read his non-fiction, but have not allowed myself to do so until we had finished the fiction. Have you read all of them?

Hope you'll visit again :o)
Susan

Teddy Westlife said...

Those are so adorable! Perfect for a mellow yellow Monday.

Tracey