Wednesday, October 6, 2010

SIMPLE PLEASURES

This Simple Pleasure is something my daughter, Jillian of Bella Rosa Antiques and I have been doing for a number of years. It all started with some wine and cheese and a whole stack of Christmas cards one evening that turned into a contest of who could come up with the best idea for a gift tag! Not that we're competitive or anything! :) Well, it stuck with me and I just enjoy turning one thing into "something else!" So, save your cards, no matter what kind and see what you can come up with to decorate packages (birthday cards and other greeting cards work great, too.)
Here are some of my favorites:


For more Simple Pleasures visit our hostess and friend, Dayle at A Collection of This and That

16 comments:

Karen said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Such fun creating those I bet.
Karen

Mevely317 said...

Yes!!! ... I'm not a bit crafty, but this has strucky my fancy! I'd like to give it a try this season ... thanks for the suggestion!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I love this idea, Joan. I do save my Christmas cards and find great pleasure in cutting out here and there and using parts of them in my holiday scrapbooking. Your gift tags are too cute! I will have to give that a try.

Evelyn S. said...

Each year, I think of how throwing cards away is such a waste. These are darling gift tags!

Jane said...

This is a really great idea. Sounds like tons of fun and a great way to spend an evening,

Jane

Anonymous said...

Adorable! What a great idea, and lots of fun, too.

Anonymous said...

Adorable and fun!

dee dee said...

What a fun, thrifty and green idea! Wonderful tags... dee dee

Susan said...

The tags are darling, Ms. Daisy! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. Hope you come back often. Sincerely, Susan

Debbie said...

OK... I'm all over this one! Not only do I LOVE to create tags out of old stuff, I also love the little cute competition you have going. That makes it all the more pleasurable, and I'll bet you are each other's biggest fans!

This is great, and I "simply" love it. Sorry to be so late to the party!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Who knew we were so GREEN? :0)

We just like out doing each other! LOL.

Thanks for the shout out... what fun to see your tags and the idea on your blog. I should do the same on an upcoming post. Thanks, Ms. Daisy Mau!

LOve
Jillian Dau

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! I think this is something Miss K would LOVE to do! A fun Christmas project...and these look SOOOO much prettier than the store bought tags!

Audra Michelle said...

LOVE that idea! I'll have to try it this year. I don't think I'm all that crafty or creative, but I think I could do something with them!

Kay K said...

Such a neat idea ...I must remember to do this as I have many CHRISTmas cards saved .....thanks for sharing and I an new to simple pleasures and will look forward to each week when i can get the time to read

Kathleen said...

I used to do this with my girls when they were little. Thanks for the reminder about this just in time for Christmas! Your tags are very sweet!

Joyce said...

Cut I might have to try that. If I can remember if I saved my old Christmas cards or not. Ugh....HA!