Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SIMPLE PLEASURES

This week we had one day (only one day!) that reached 70 degrees and I decided that the blossoms on my pear tree indicated there would be more blossoms to see on a walk around the block. So,
off I went walking...with my iTouch. I've never walked to Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" before and it was a lot of fun - you could say it was a Simple Pleasure! So come on over to Dayle's at A Collection of This and That where we all meet and tell of our Simple Pleasures - which is a chance to slow down and really see the little things we don't usually notice.

13 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a beautiful tree...I posted on a tree too. Aren't all of these blooming trees wonderful this time of year? Have a happy day.

elizabeth said...

Loving the blossoms...and Kodacrome, well that took me back!

Trish said...

Jean, that's a very lovely tree!
You must be enjoying all your Spring blossoms up there in the northern hemisphere :-)
blessings..Trish

Joan Hall said...

Lately,I've been thinking about the song Kodachrome. The tree is beautiful - spring is such a lovely time of the year.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Joan

Anonymous said...

The song plays in my head...while the beauty of the fragrant flowers surround me...

Thank you for the walk,

Mrs. M.

Cindy said...

I love seeing the first blossoms on trees in the spring. Beautiful tree.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Cindy

Nikki (Sarah) said...

wow...that tree....absolutely beautiful....

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I love pear tree blossoms. They are the definition of spring to me. I like the choice of songs, too. ;) That'll get you moving.

Debbie said...

You might recall that pear trees are among my very favorites. I love them. I also used to love that song so now you have me singing it in my head.

Mama don't take my Kodachrome a-waaaaaay.

Sue said...

Beautiful tree, Jean, isn't it great to watch the trees and flowers come forth in all their beauty. Enjoy spring.
Sue

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

I agree that tree is just beautiful. I love Spring and all of the beautiful blooms on the trees and flowers that come with it!Glad I found your blog!

Pat said...

What a lovely place to live. And that's a huge gorgeous pear tree! Our pears and plums are just starting to blossom, too.

Charuka | Katriona said...

Hi there!
I only just discovered Simple Pleasures - trust me to discover it and take part on the one week it's not active! :D hehe...

You have a beautiful pear tree! I just love the new leaves on the trees and all the flowers, that's why this week my simple pleasure was a walk in a nearby park.

Have a happy Easter!